Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Chocolate Crackle-tops!

I wasn't totally planning on making another batch of cookies today, but I forgot I told my little sister that I would help her make cookies for her teacher's birthday. So, another cookie adventure was born! ; )
These cookies are called Chocolate Crackle-tops, and they are delicious; almost like a mini-chocolate cake, covered in sweet powdered sugar...yummy! The Crackle-tops start with chocolate and butter melted together in a saucepan, then you add some sugar and stir until all combined. Next are the eggs and vanilla, and then the dry ingredient mixture (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt). Just gradually add the the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture, and then chill for about an hour (I chilled mine longer, because we all decided to go to the beach!). After they're all done chilling out, you scoop them out, roll 'em into balls, roll in powdered sugar, then bake for about 15 minutes in an 325 degree oven. Perfection! I hope my sisters teacher and class like them as much as I do! Probably no cookies tomorrow, but I said that yesterday. : ) Best of baking!





No comments:

Post a Comment